Thank you for your interest!
We are extremely proud of the skating programs we offer.
Our coaches are dedicated to giving the best instruction to your skaters and our Learn to Skate Programs have been used for training purposes across Canada. In fact, we were one of the clubs invited to pilot the new CANSkate program.
Our mission is to be the best and develop the best, within a fun, positive and safe environment. We are very proud that we have developed national competitors, AAA hockey players and gold medalists.
Again this year, we are very pleased to offer selected programs located in the Sutton Arena, in addition to our regular programming based out of the Georgina Ice Palace. So be sure to come check us out!
If you would like to learn to skate, or plan to become a national competitor, our coaches have the certification skills to take you there.
Click the links below for more information.
PAYMENT PLANS ARE AVAILABLE
The Georgina Skating Club welcomes monthly payments. If you would like to make monthly payments, you can either do so through online registration (with a credit card or cheques), or in person (with cash, cheques, Visa or MasterCard).
If you are paying by cheque in person, please bring all 8 cheques with you when you register for our programs. Cheques should be payable to Georgina Skating Club and dated for either the 1st or the 15th of each month. The date on the first cheque should be the date you are registering for the program. All online registration forms must be accompanied by full payment (including post-dated cheques) before registration will be confirmed. Payment by cheque can be dropped off at the Georgina Skating Club office in the Georgina Ice Palace. Envelopes can be placed in the mail slot in the office door with a copy of the registration form included.
The Georgina Cares Fund provides funding to children up to the age of 15, who live in the Town of Georgina, to take part in extracurricular activities or for special needs when their parents/guardians cannot afford to do so.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities is a registered charity dedicated to removing financial barriers so kids across Canada have the opportunity to get off the sidelines and get into the game. Jumpstart’s core purpose is to enrich the lives of kids (from 4 to 18) in need through sports and physical activity. We assist with the costs associated with registration, equipment and/or transportation.
SKATE CANADA FEES
Each season, Skate Canada requires a fee to be paid whenever a skater has registered with a Skate Canada Club for that season. Upon registering with the Georgina Skating Club, your skater will be provided with a Skate Canada number which provides you with the following:
- An accident benefit at a substantially lower cost to members than that available to other sports.
- Access to high quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally, and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who are trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- National registry of skating tests and results for qualifying events held in a central computerized system for easy access.
- Test certificates and awards of merit for tests passed.
- Web site www.skatecanada.ca.
- Online store with special member pricing for materials and Skate Canada merchandise.
- Members only access to information including event announcements, rule book information on athlete development, talent ID and off-ice training.
- Toll free telephone and fax access to members’ services and national office.
- Have the opportunity to participate at invitational competitions.
- Elite athlete and skater development funding program.
- Opportunities for skaters to compete for positions on the national team.
- Voting privileges and opportunities to participate in the decision-making and direction of the Association.
- The opportunity to purchase selected Skate Canada event tickets prior to the general public.
- Benefit from participation in a sport that promotes fun, fitness, achievement and development of essential life skills such as confidence, time and stress management, teamwork and motivation/commitment.