Registration for our final 4 week session of 2020 will open tomorrow at 6am! Skaters have 48 hours to register.
As York region is moving into the “red” on Monday, please note the following:
– current classes follow the red zone requirements
– only one adult (the designated health screener) may enter with the skaters. Starting on Monday, health screeners will send the skaters in and exit the building.
Stay tuned for more information about registration for the final four weeks of skating for 2020.
Learn to Skate programs are important to the club and to our young athletes. Due to the provincial guidelines, we will be reassessing our Learn to Skate Programs for 2021 in early January. Please continue to check our website and social media updates will be posted as they become available.
Just in time for the Holiday season, we are excited to launch our Purdy’s Chocolates Fundraiser.
We are excited to be able to offer those skaters who participate 25% of the amount they raise from their sales as a credit towards registration fees.
There are incentives for those participants that sell the most:
1st place will receive 75% of their sales as a credit.
2nd place will receive 50% of their sales as a credit.
Please sign up at:
Please contact Krista at email@example.com for more information. Thank you for your support!
Registration is now open until 6PM Friday. After that, any remaining spots will open on Friday at 8PM until Sunday at noon.
Check your inbox for your assigned times. Please only register for the times that you have been assigned and remember to use your available credit.
Watch your inbox closely for information! Based on the recent Stage 2 restrictions, a revised schedule will be shared shortly. Skaters will have 48 hours to register.
Due to the recent changes made by the provincial government for the region of York, we have no choice but to suspend our CanSkate and CanHockey programs effective immediately, until further notice.
This decision was not an easy one to make as we see how important physical activity is for all age groups. Unfortunately, with capacity numbers reduced to 10 (inclusive of all coaches and skaters) and as spectators (parents/guardians) are no longer permitted inside the building, it is not feasible to continue to operate our CanSkate and CanHockey program at this time.
StarSkate – Effective Monday October 19th, the Board of Directors has decided to cancel skating for the week of October 19-24, as all classes will need to be re-organized to meet the new maximum of 10 people.
Members are asked to check your email inboxes for more information. We will continue to work closely with Skate Ontario and the Town of Georgina to communicate updates as soon as we can.
Please stay tuned for further information and again we ask for your patience while we work through this together.
With the holiday season quickly approaching, the Georgina Skating Club is kicking off our fundraising efforts with FlipGive.
By using our clubs unique code, the club will receive a percentage back of all sales using our FlipGive code! Amazon and LuLu Lemon are both on the list as are Walmart and most of our local grocery stores.
- Step 1: Join our team now by clicking here: https://flipgive.app.link/teams/join?fundraiser_name=Georgina+Skating+Club&joincode=QH3DMG
- Step 2: If you are prompted for a join code, enter this code QH3DMG.
- Step 3: Remember to use FlipGive before you shop online so we’ll earn cash back – make a purchase within the first 14 days of joining and we’ll receive an additional bonus!
- Step 4: Share this code with Friends and Family
Don’t miss out! Join our team and shop to help us reach our funding goal!
Registration opens Tuesday, October 13th at 6:00 AM and will close Tuesday, October 20th at 6:00 PM.
- Please review the latest Covid 19 Policies and the important reminders included below
- Skaters are to arrive 20 minutes early to the start time of their session.
- Health screening is at ten past the hour and entrance is at 15 past the hour.
- Skaters who register but are not qualified will be notified and refunded.
- To learn more about the Return to Play protocols as well as the Health Screening Questionnaire, please visit https://skateontario.org/return-to-play/. We continue to work with our governing body and follow the guidance and policies outlined by the province of Ontario, York region and the Town of Georgina.
Thank you for your understanding. The Georgina Skating Club is committed to a safe return to skating. We look forward to the full return of our programs when protocols allow.
We would like to inform you of the individuals who will be acting as the COVID-19 Oversight Group as we transition back to skating activities. The following people
will comprise this COVID-19 Oversight Group.
|Krista Attridge||Volunteer Director|
|Karie Bell||Vice President|
One of the above members or a trained parent volunteer will be responsible for
health screening before every session to ensure we have the documentation for
contact tracing and will stay with the group and call parents in the event of an
Should you have any questions about any aspects of the Return to Play protocols
or other COVID-19 policies and procedures, please contact one of the